AMIBIOS8 is a modular BIOS designed to address all aspects of today's PC market ... desktop, mobile, server, embedded & ultra mobile computing.
AMIBIOS8 is built around Visual eBIOS (VeB), the innovative development environment designed specifically for BIOS porting. VeB was released with the original AMIBIOS8 in 2001 and continues to simplify BIOS development worldwide by removing barriers normally associated with BIOS development in the command line environment.
AMIBIOS8 also comes with a wealth of OEM/ODM utilities to manage their products
- Flash utilities for multiple operating systems
- AMIBCP, MMTool & Change Logo for ROM image maintenance
- DMIEDIT for SMIBIOS data in manufacturing
AMIBIOS8 features a smaller footprint, fast boot times, efficient power management features and support for a wide set of features, including:
- Power Management: ACPI, Embedded Controller, Intel® SpeedStep® and Enhanced SpeedStep®, AMD PowerNOW! and Cool n’Quiet
- BBS Boot Options: SATA, IDE, USB, LAN, Floppy
- Trust & Security: TCG/TPM, Intel® TXT
- Virtualization: Intel® VT, AMD-V™
- Platform Management: Intel® vPro™, Intel® AMT, IPMI, SMBIOS, ASF, Serial Console Redirection
- Expansion Bus: USB, PCI, PCI-X, PCIe, ExpressCard
Due to its flexible architecture, AMIBIOS8 is ideal for embedded platforms, easily blending features from different PC market segments.